Wednesday, March 31, 2010

K so, I'm pretty sure you all thought I fell off the face of the earth or was displaced to Pluto or something along those lines. Never fear! Theresa is here!

Over the past um, I don't know, month or so? All these little things happened that turned into big things. I'm a firm believer that the little things do paint the big picture and life isn't about the breaths we take and that it's about the moments that take our breath away. Not so much breath taking at the beginning but things are looking up in that aspect.

My sister is my soul rock. And that's the that. Period. Fin(for the French people). If she's happy, I'm happy. If she's not, I do my best to make it so. What it boils down to is if something bothers her it bothers me and the feeling is mutual. I remember being little, and if she pinched her finger in a door or something and started crying, I would start crying as well. I think connections like that come along once in a million lightyears. I haven't seen my sister since January, and I greatly miss her. I'll see her in about a week, but nevertheless it's been far too long.
She's had a rough couple of weeks and had a window to just leave it all behind. But she didn't. And I'm proud of her. Why? Because we're grown ups now. And coming home to mommy doesn't solve the issues at hand. She's needed people to lean on in every sort of way. I'm happy to say I've been there for her because I know she would do the same for me, and she has. It makes me happy inside to help someone out.

Which brings me to a small self discovery that I am actually a leader, and not a follower. And I will never be able to follow. I'll always stand up and say, "No, this can be better." And I will do my best to make it that way.
My college professor always told me everyday, "Failing is not trying. If you try and don't succeed, you're not a failure, because you atleast tried your hardest." And he's 100% correct.

Just a random little lunchtime blog to pick your brain, which I hope I was successful in doing :)

No comments: